Monday, October 8, 2007

Motivation and Productivity

imageAccording to this story in 20min, 87% of all employees feel that they are not performing at their best in their current job.

Currently I am one of them!

I think I am stating the obvious, when I say that performance is highly coupled to motivation.

Comparing my current to my last job, I can totally confirm the listed points that are key-enablers for motivation:

  • Acknowledgment
  • Transparent information policy
  • Superiors that live their engagement and can carry it over to their employees (Peter, you are the Archetype in my book [being bold, since you refuse to read blogs] )

In my opinion another point is as important if not more important:

  • The personal impression to be able to make a difference

Salary is not a enabler for motivation, even though it can be a preventer.

Since I am currently looking for a new job, my big challenge is to find a way to ensure the above points. Because I remember that it feels good to perform at my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...